The self-powered UBK 885 upright bike features custom-designed handlebars with integrated touch heart rate for maximum comfort and efficient workout experience. One-handed seat adjustment on or off the bike, redesigned saddle for riding comfort and improved knee over pedal spindle (KOPS) geometry for efficient pedaling mean a smooth, comfortable workout.
- Handlebars: A new over-molded handlebar design offers the user three comfortable riding positions-upright, cruising, and road. In the road position, the ergonomic-shaped handlebars position the wrists in a natural, neutral position. The wide width of the handlebars provide stability and comfort along the entire forearm. The overall width of the handlebars is similar to indoor cycling bikes, which is narrower than most stationary bikes. This places the user in better ergonomic position with the forearms more directly under the shoulders. In the cruising position, the wide handlebar is more comfortable on the user's hands. Touch heart rate is integrated in the upright and road-race positions.
- Seat: Ergonomic saddle design with comfort groove. 10.5 inches (27 cm) width quickly tapers to a narrow nose for improved riding comfort.
- Biomechanics: To achieve proper pedaling biomechanics, the seat post and seat post offset from the crank is key to aide in efficient pedaling and reduced shear force on the knee. The seat post angle is 74 degrees with a 5 inch (13 cm) offset from the crank axle. This places the forward knee directly over the ball of the foot (or pedal spindle) when the pedals are in a horizontal position.
- Bearings: The bottom bracket assembly uses a hardened steel shaft with deep-groove sealed precision ball bearings designed for smooth operation and exceptional service life.
- Pedals: For double the convenience, dual-sided pedals allow the rider to use the pedals with or without the integrated pedal strap. The extra wide pedal comfortably accommodates feet of all sizes, which allows proper pedaling form with the foot directly over the user's knee.
- Frame: Two-step powder-coating process applies rust-resistant undercoat and cosmetic topcoat to steel frame.
- Covers: Covers are attached with minimal hardware and can be removed without taking off the pedals or cranks.
- Transport Wheels: Integrated
- California Residents see Prop 65 WARNINGS
- 3-Piece Crank: 3-piece crank tightens positively, reducing the need for periodic adjustments. The 170 mm crank arm accepts any standard road or mountain bike pedal.
- Drive System: The two-stage drive system yields a smooth, comfortable, quiet operation with a lower start-up resistance and more consistent resistance progression than single-stage drive systems.
- 3-Phase Generator: 3-phase generator / eddy current resistance system requires no backup battery in order to efficiently power the bike.
- Belt Drive: Belt drive for smoother, quieter operation and reduced maintenance.
- Resistance Levels: 25
- Minimum Watts: 18 watts (level 1 at 20 RPM)
- Maximum Watts: 750 watts (level 25 at 150 RPM)
- Power Requirements: 110-120V (Corded)
- Console Type: 15-inch LCD Capacitive Touch Screen (P80 Console)
- Touch Screen: Yes
- Machine Controls: Motion Controls
- Numeric Keypad: Touch Screen
- Electronic Readouts: Advanced
- Languages: Chinese, English, French, Dutch, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Ethernet Cable Required to enable Preva Network Capabilities
- Personal Viewing System (PVS): Viewing Screen Embedded
- iPod / iPhone Compatible: Yes
- Media Delivery: Integrated
- Media Support: Analog, Digital, IPTV, PRO:IDIOM, DIRECTV
- Tactile Dome Keys: Yes
- QuickStart: Yes
- Motion Controls: Yes
- Numeric Keypad: Yes
- Units Selection: Metric or U.S. Standard
- Preset Programs: Lose Weight Fat Burner Aerobic 4-3 Interval Heart Rate Zone Be Fit Manual Rolling Hills Mountain Peaks Hill Climb 1-1 Interval 2-1 Interval 4-1 Interval Heart Rate Zone Push Performance 1-4 Interval 1-2 Interval 5 K Heart Rate Zone
- Maximum Pause Time (Pause): 5 minutes
- Electronic Readouts: Total Distance, Distance Remaining, Target Distance, Total Calories Burned, Calories/Min, Calories/Hr, Mets, Watts, Target, Time Elapsed, Time Remaining, Time in Zone, Segment, RPM, Heart Rate, Average Heart Rate, Max Heart Rate, Target Heart Rate
- Maximum Workout Time: 120 minutes